A couple of weeks ago I attended a referral group as a guest. It was well organized and highly structured; a featured member had an opportunity to talk about their business and what a great referral would look like. There was one member per industry/business category and there was a large fee to accompany membership in this group (double/triple our chamber membership fee).
I'm still mulling over what benefit the chamber director would have as a member of this group and thinking about how to incorporate some of their meeting structure to some of our online interactions. Lots of percolating going on over here.
The Stow-Munroe Falls Chamber of Commerce has it's own referral process(ES). Like, a bunch!
- Advertise with the chamber! It takes an average of seven impressions before a customer converts - banner ads and highlighted directory listings are a great place to start,
- You can send a member a referral in the app (did you know we have an app!?). Download links to the app are in the Member Information Center (for both android and iOS),
- You can look up a member contact details in the app (yes, it's that cool) or in our online directory,
- You can map members - maybe you're looking to market in a specific territory, zoom in zoom out, send emails,
- You can let a member business you patronized them by "checking in" at their business location in the app,
- Speaking of "checking in", in the same app (yes I love it) you can also check and see if they have Hot Deals or Member to Member Deals,
- Looking for the best price? Have a large project? Need a subcontractor? Send our members an RFP. It goes directly to the members in your chosen categories with your budget/project specs,
- Attend our referral and networking event, Wake Up Wednesday, every other wednesday (currently via zoom) - it's INCLUDED in your membership - can't attend? Send your ideal referral and business update to me directly and I'll make your pitch!
- Send an eBlast and offer a referral discount - eBlasts are 35.00 for members and they go out Friday. Our most clicked eBlasts include a referral code or referral discount.
- Join SMFCC members and members from seven other chambers at First Friday, Networking on the Go - we've moved from Great Lakes Honda of Akron (though they still sponsor) to Zoom and with about sixty folks in attendance each month, it moves quickly and is fun.
- Download the chamber logo web code from the Member Information Center and add to your own webpage; community customers identify the chamber logo and often choose member businesses first,
- And finally, the best way to secure new business and referrals (the best business), is to ask! Ask your current customers for a recommendation or better yet, a referral. You may already have your own referral or review process; if you don't, the chamber has one built into the membership directory. In the member-to-member directory, you can download a member's contact card, print it, send an email and leave a review.
Apparently, I can network but can't count. That was 12 ways to generate referrals! Use your chamber membership to it's fullest; reach out to me if I didn't quite point you in the right direction and we'll give it another spin!